5 Festive Cocktail Recipes For Christmas 2015
Christmas drink recipes are of plenty this time of year, and we’ve searched far and wide to find the best Christmas cocktails. Here are a few of our favorite Christmas drinks.
No occasion is complete without a party. The same applies for Christmas as well. Drink is an integral part of any celebration. It time to get ready with some cocktail ideas for this Christmas. If you have to be the host of the most popular Christmas party, then you need some special cocktail recipes. And guess what, we have exactly what you need; fresh Christmas cocktails.
The mark of a special Christmas cocktail is that it has an air of celebration to it. One of these recipes is a wine cocktail, namely Santa Style Mulled Wine. As we all know, wine has special significance for Christmas. So, wine cocktails are perfect for the occasion. The Christmas cocktail described here is made of vodka. These cocktails will take the chill out of your bones even in this cold weather.
Christmas is all about merry making and bonding with friends and family. The following cocktail recipes are guaranteed to be party favorites during this festive season. Here are the top 5 Christmas cocktails recipes to try:
- 60ml Gin
- 20ml Yellow Chartreuse
- Dash of bitters
- 5ml Gomme
- Shake together all the ingredients
- Prepare a coupette with a pear sugar rim
- (To make a pear sugar rim, run a slice of pear around the rim, then roll the rim in sugar)
- Pour into the coupette and serve
- Vodka- 60 ml
- Cranberry Juice- 60ml (chilled)
- Pomegranate Juice- 60ml (chilled)
- Grenadine- 5ml
- Fresh Mint leaves- 2 sprigs
- Ice- 4 cubes
- Blend vodka and equal portion of juice with a dash of grenadine, mint leaves and ice.
- Pour them into a chilled sugar rimmed margherita glass.
- Once the drink is ready, garnish with half a spoon of sweetened mix pulpy berry fruits and finish with a sprig of mint.
- 30ml Creme de Banana
- 13ml white Creme de Cacoa
- 15ml Amaretto
- 30ml double cream
- Half banana
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Pour into a highball and garnish with toasted almonds
- 45ml Bourbon Whiskey
- 10ml Galliano Liqueur
- 20ml pineapple syrup
- 2 lime wedges
- 10 blueberries
- Mix the whiskey, Galliano and pineapple.
- Build cocktail with the liquor and fruit in a Julep glass over crushed ice
- Garnish with berries and mint
- Dust with icing sugar
Mulled Wine: Santa Style
- Red Wine of your choice (preferably young and fruity wine)- 150ml
- Demerara Sugar- 5 grams
- Cinnamon Stick- 1
- Grated Nutmeg- 1 pinch
- Dried Bay Leaves- 2
- Ripe orange (halved)- 1
- Brandy/Cognac (Optional)- 30ml
- Add the wine in the saucepan. Add orange, sugar, bay leaf and the spices.
- Heat gently in a low flame until the sugar gets dissolved. Taste to see if you want the wine to be sweeter, and add more sugar to taste if required
- Remove from heat. Stir gently adding brandy/cognac (Optional)
- Strain into heatproof glass and serve at once. It can also be served cold. Throw in a star anise to garnish th drink.